Boundlesstars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First book in the Warrior kittens series; The Tale of Mozart the Meerkitten

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

First book in the Warrior kittens series; The Tale of Mozart the Meerkitten - Page 2 Empty Re: First book in the Warrior kittens series; The Tale of Mozart the Meerkitten

Post  Mewsie Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:00 pm

Caspian and the tom were panting and worn. It was far past noon and they were dealing each other some stunning blows. Scratches, scrapes, bruises, bumps, were all forming on the two young cats.
Caspian could feel his energy draining. He felt he could not lift his sword again to deal another blow.
The young tom-cat, was whishing he had never challenged Caspian. The little cat was proving tougher than he first thought. Latter, Mozart and Caspian would find his name was Jaklikeo the fierce. Jaklikeo, or Jak, as he was known to most, had much vengeance for Cogg because the wolf had captured his older brother… his only family. These things made him fierce, but he had no idea that such a kitten as small as Caspian could be so hard to beat!
Mozart could see her brother was exhausted and that his opponent was tiring. She began waving to Caspian somewhat franticly. Eventually he saw her. Wondering what was up, he called a respite and Jak agreed.
Stumbling over to Mozart, Caspian panted,
“Sis, what is wrong?”
“I was trying to get you to do just what you did.”
“Oh, ok… what’d I do?”
“Oh you silly,” giggled Mozart, “call a respite, that’s what you did! You were both tired so I wanted you to have a break!”
“Oh yea, thanks.” said Caspian, he felt lightheaded suddenly.
Mozart sensed something was wrong and asked, “Caspian, you ok?”
Caspian seemed about to say something, then suddenly tumbled off the log he was sitting on and onto the ground, unconscious.
“Caspian!”
Mewsie
Mewsie

http://www.narniafans.com/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

First book in the Warrior kittens series; The Tale of Mozart the Meerkitten - Page 2 Empty Re: First book in the Warrior kittens series; The Tale of Mozart the Meerkitten

Post  Masquerade Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:03 pm

Oh no!! Exciting!
Masquerade
Masquerade

Back to top Go down

Post  Mewsie Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:13 pm

Chapter seven
Mozart’s Bravery and Catlition’s Cunning

The big gray leader of the Catlition leapt right over the big stone wall surrounding Cogg’s plantation and fortress. Well he jumped over it, but from a high up tree-branch.
“Now steady, gents,” he said when they were all over, “We’re gun’ta go on through this field and see iffin we can find anyone to tell us where we have gotten ourselves to.”
“Okie doke Chief, we know the drill. Look for anyone, help anyone.”
“Righto Bright! Good boy for rememberin’ the rules, eh?” said a large black and white cat.
“Alright enough chit-chat. We aren’t a bunch of old she-cat’s sittin about gossiping are we? No my friends, we are the Catlition! Come on now boys, lets go!” said the big gray cat. He smiled at the way their newest recruits leapt into action. He remembered the little black tom they’d left at home, a brave solemn, spunky little lover.
‘Now what did we call him? Oh right, Midnight Mitch! That boy and his sister, what a pair! I wonder if he actually stayed at home, or if he’s following us? He’ll be about grown now, ready to train when we get back. He’ll be a real leader when he gets into Catlition with us, oh yes, yes he will.” The big gray and white striped tom chuckled and trotted ahead of his ‘Catlition’.
Mewsie
Mewsie

Back to top Go down

Post  Mewsie Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:14 pm

Shadow was breathing hard after running so fast.
The little black kitten didn’t know how long she stayed in the gutter, but she knew she couldn’t stay there forever. When Shadow decided it was safe to come out she climbed down from her place in the gutter and crept out.
She crouched and began to creep away. She was almost to the edge of the woods when she heard a soft noise. Frightened, but curious, Shadow battled within herself weighing her options.
Eventually her curiosity won out. Shadow crept towards the noise oh so carefully.
Soon she could distinguish voices speaking to one another.
“Well boys how’d we get from the field to the wood?”
“How should I know? We just charged right intow the woods without a care.”
“Hush, you lot are louder than newborns when its lunchtime! Do’ya know how many creatures may be listening? Birds, mice, and who knows what else, eh?”
“Aw Rib, you ole worry wort! Whose gonna hear us anyow?”
“That’s Mister Ribbony worry-wort to you Clancy Catlition apprentice!”
Seizing her chance and trying to make her voice as big and brave as she could, (Though I don’t think it worked very well) Shadow shouted,
“Alright, we know you’re there! We have you surrounded! Come out with your paws up!”
The chatter ceased. Shadow heard a whispering voice say,
“Now boys leave this one to me. I can handle them. Explorer, head the group if anything goes wrong and charge head on at that leader’s voice, alright?”
“Right Ribbon, count on us.”
Shadow checked herself and cried again,
“Come out NOW! I wanna talk with ya!” her kitten slave-slang gave her away I’m afraid, but it was a noble effort she made nevertheless.
Ribbony, the big gray Catlition leader stepped out to find himself confronted with a tiny black kitten with a white spot on her chin. Her head was held high as she stared terrified at the huge gray-cat-with-white-stripes.
Ribbony shook his head and chuckled.
“Hello there little one. What is your name, now come on I don’t bite.” He spoke gently and kindly to her, but Shadow was still scarred by her memories of things that had happened that day. She tried to bolt, but was gently picked up by her scruff by Ribbony and taken to the little clearing with the other Catlitioners.
“Ribbon, were we being challenged… by that?” asked a gray tom.
“Brightheart! Why speakin’ like that to a little baby kit! I outta knock you down!” exclaimed a large cream-colored cat.
“Little one, what is your name?”
“Where are you from?”
“What is this place?”
“Are there more of you really?”
“Silence!” boomed Ribbony, “We have not come to talk kits to death! Now little black one, pay my brothers and those naughty youngsters no heed, my, my, we should have brought that little Middy instead of his big brothers, my, my!”
Brightheart and Clancy, the two younger cats did the human equivalent to a blush. Their ears turned bright red and they hung their heads sheepishly.
“Now,” asked Ribbony gently, “What is your name?”
“S-Shadow.”
Mewsie
Mewsie

Back to top Go down

Post  Mewsie Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:14 pm

“Caspian!”
Mozart ran her tiny paws gently over her brother’s head and neck. Then she found the cause of Caspian’s ‘defeat’. A long ugly scratch ran down from his lower neck to his shoulder. It had happened to quickly for most to tell and no-one is quite sure how he got it. That wound and his smaller ones combined with much exertion caused him to lose enough blood to faint. It wasn’t a permanent effect, but it was presently a problem.
Mozart went to work. In a time period of ten minutes she had Caspian’s wound bandaged and was working on the others, ignoring interested on-lookers and their questions.
“Will he be able to keep fighting?”
“Is he ok?”
“Is that little one his sister? She’s no more than an infant!”
Jak walked up triumphantly.
“I guess he’s down. That means I win.”
Mozart was up staring into his greenish eyes in an instant, standing on a log and her tip-toes she could still not meet him eye-to-eye, but it was close enough for her.
“Not so fast, you weakling kit! My brother’s out of the game for now, yes, but he wasn’t still fighting! So he should get a substitute in his place to finish this fight with you. After all,” she smiled, “Caspian never said yet that he gave up.”
“Fine,” countered Jak, “Who’s gonna sub for him? None of these chaps, they’re loyal to me, right boys?”
There was a muffled cheer from the congregation. Mozart held up her head and said,
“I’ll sub for him!”
Jak turned to her.
“What did you say?”
Mozart smiled.
“I said, I will sub for my big brother.”
Jak’s mouth dropped open and nearly hit the ground.
Mewsie
Mewsie

Back to top Go down

Post  Masquerade Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:12 am

Nice Very Happy

and I'm curious, how is Catlition pronounced?
Masquerade
Masquerade

Back to top Go down

Post  Mewsie Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:21 am

Masquerade wrote:Nice Very Happy

and I'm curious, how is Catlition pronounced?

why not just take the whole pronuncation guide?

(some of the stuff I have pronunciations of are really goofy but I was trying to make the thing longer. =P)

Mozart- Mo-t-zart
Caspian- Cas-pea-an
Dorthy- Door-th-e
Toto- Toe-toe
Rita- Ri-ta
Jako- Jack-o
Jaklikeo- Jack-li-key-o
Tori- Tore-e
Frodo- Fro-doe
Shadow- Shad-oh
Smokey- Smoke-e
Cogg- C-awe-g
Tigerclaw- Tiger-claw
Shawnti- Sha-wan-tea
Brightheart- Bright-heart
Clancy- Clan-see
Ribbony- Ribbon-e
Creamy- Cream-e
Explorer- Explore-er
Flower- Flow-er
Midnight- Mid-night
Zaphod- Zay-fod
Susan- Su-san
Marble- Mar-bell
Fireheart- Fire-heart
Pumpkin- Pump-kin
Tansy- Tan-see
Missy- Miss-e
Myrrh- Mah-er
Sanga- San-ga
Reandalawo- Ren-da-law-o
Meandrao- Mean-draw-o
Catlition- Cat-li-tion
Stalag- Stay-lag
Mewsie
Mewsie

Back to top Go down

Post  Masquerade Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:31 am

sweet thanks, that will help Cool
Masquerade
Masquerade

Back to top Go down

Post  Mewsie Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:24 pm

“So that’s why nobody’s about to greet us. Well boys, seems we have some troublemakers on our paws, eh?”
Shadow had just told Ribbony and his Catlition about Cogg, Tigerclaw, and the plantation. Of course, Catlition had been outraged with the news but were quick to act.
“What’ll we do Ribbon?”
“Yea, what’ll we do?”

“I’ll tell you what we’re a gonna do!
‘We’ll take em troublemakers out!
An’ bang em on their own big wall!
We’ll toss out tommy-o hawks at them
And drop em from the top ‘o thee wall!
Well we’ll shoot em with our arrows as they fall!
An’ send em twirlin’
Like em whirlin’ gigs in fall!
They’ll twirl till thee faaaaaaaaall!!!!!!!!
We’ll hang em by their toes,
An’ whack em in the nose!
An’ lick em in the freckled lake!
An’ shoo em out the door!
An’ afore they even know we’re there,
We’ll have stolen their very hair and underwear!”

The roaring laughter of Catlition and little Shadow was almost deafening. Shadow had never been so carefree in all her life, and for once she could actually be a kitten!
Shadow understood,
She could be a kitten!

She was so happy she began bursting out in a version of Ribbony’s song;
“Oh we’ll hang em by their toeses!
And thwack em on their noses!
And stick em full o’ tommy hawks,
An’ arrows from the bow!
We’ll make em fall,
Until the fall!
When the gigs whirl!
And before they even know we’re there,
We’ll have taken their very hair!”

“Ha , ha! Nice one miss Shadow!” laughed the big white cat called Explorer.
Smokey heard laughter nearby along with his sister’s voice. She scrambled down the tree towards the noise and low and behold she found her sister with five cackling cats!
“Hey whats all this about?” she squeaked.
Shadow laughed and said,
“Smokey, allow me to introduce you to these fine gentalcats…”
Mewsie
Mewsie

Back to top Go down

Post  Masquerade Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:43 am

Very cute, I love it I love you
Masquerade
Masquerade

Back to top Go down

Post  Mewsie Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:39 pm

Jak couldn’t believe such a tiny kitten could be so defiant as to challenge him.
Him!
Jak the Fierce was being challenged by a pip-squeak sized kitten!
“Listen little kit,” he hissed quietly so only Mozart could hear him, “You’re a tiny baby, and I’m a big warrior cat, I can’t fight you! It’d be, it’d be…”
“Are you saying you’re scared to fight me? Makin’ up excuses to not fight me ‘s what it sounds like!” cried Mozart loud enough for the near bystanders to hear her.
“I am not making up excuses!” growled Jak, “I’d fight you but…”
“Look, I’m two and one half months old, same age as my brother, you afraid to fight a little two and a half month old?”
“I, it, but, how…” Jak spluttered.
“Yes or no will you fight me?”
“Fine! I’ll fight you, tiny cat! And I’ll win too!” growled Jak.
Five minutes latter Mozart, in place of her brother, was suited up in a chainmail shirt with her belt of Treasures (as she and her siblings took to calling it) around her waist. She held her sword high and in the waning light it glittered beautifully.
Jak wore the same outfit as before. He held up his sword and prepared to charge the kit. His plan was simple; Charge Mozart, disarm her, and make her admit defeat before blood was spilled. It was a simple plan that would have worked on most any little kitten…
Except Mozart.
Jak charged the little cat as he planned, but something happened he didn’t expect…
Mozart charged towards him, Jak had expected her to be still and wait for him to come to her, but no, not Mozart, she wasn’t going to play along.
Mozart charged Jak and then, when she was nearly to him, she leapt into the air and sailed right over his head so that his back was to her.
Jak turned, surprised and stared at her.
“Not so easy to beat am I?” she hissed.
Enraged, Jak leapt at her, claws out teeth bared, but Mozart was too quick. She nimbly dogged to one side, leaving Jak to land undignifiedly in the dirt.
Standing to his full height Jak spat out a mouthful of dirt and turned to Mozart who stood calmly to one side.
“You little!” he hissed and in his rage threw his dagger at the tiny kit. The dagger flew harmlessly over Mozart’s head without her even having to duck.
Howling with rage and humiliation Jak flung himself on Mozart. She whipped out her sword and cut his paw.
Then Jak and Mozart clashed swords. Blinded by his rage, Jak and gave Mozart a few wounds that could turn serious…
But this time there was no respite.
Mozart tried her best not to wound Jak, but her sword would slip every now and then and give him a scratch or two. Panting the tiny kitten stumbled backwards and Jak leaned over her. Mozart dropped her sword and Jak grinned madly at her.
“Give up yet, pipsqueak?” he hissed in her ear.
“Never!” and with that she launched Jak from her with her hind-paws. It amazed Jak that the tiny kit could throw him off, but it may not have surprised him as much if he had known how many brothers Mozart had.
Nevertheless, the feat left Mozart stunned for a moment. But Jak was also stunned. The force of Mozart’s hind-paws plowing into his stomach had knocked the breath from him.
Both opponents lay still for a moment, then simultaneously stood up.
“I don’t want to f-ight you no m-more.” said Mozart shakily.
Jak realized what he had been doing to the tiny kit. Gasping for air he saw the brutality that he had inflicted on the kitten. She had a few gashes, one on her head, and another on her leg, some small scratches. Then he looked himself over and found, surprisingly, he had barely any wounds from her. Little scrapes and his injured paw, and the rest from Caspian. He shook his head then said to the baby.
“Is that admittance to defeat?”
Mozart raised her head and spoke surely,
“I won’t give up until you do, or until I die.”
Jak was amazed by the valor of Mozart. She watched him carefully and cautiously, she was weary, but brave, and tried not to show any signs of weakening.
“Then,” Jak quivered, “I admit defeat to you, little one.”
Surprised murmurs echoed through the assembled creatures.
Mozart stared at him and retaliated,
“Then I admit defeat to you, my oppressor.”
More muttering followed.
“May I have the honor of knowing whom I address, my noble companion?” asked Jak.
Mozart smiled.
“Mozart. Mozart the Meerkitten.” She said, “And you, your name sir, is-?”
Jak was stunned but managed to gasp,
“Jak. Jaklikeo the fierce.”
“Jaklikeo is a nice name.” said Mozart, “May, I um, just call you Jak?”
“C-course, er, of course. Er, um, those are some nasty wounds I gave you, er, wanna have some help bandaging them?” he stuttered.
Mozart shrugged.
“Ok, bring Caspian, will you?”
“Caspian?”
“My brother, who you dueled first.” Mozart explained.
“Oh, yea sure.” He said, but he seemed to be somewhere else, a different time and place…
Mozart half walked, half stumbled over to a part of the wood.
“It’s nicer inside, you know.” said Jak absently.
“But then too many creatures would see what I’m gonna do. I trust you Jak, so don’t tell anyone I mean anyone, what you see.” Then she produced her cordial, took a sip and instantly, her wounds were healed.
Jak’s mouth hit the ground for the second time that day.
Mewsie
Mewsie

Back to top Go down

Post  Masquerade Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:57 am

Nice Wink Mozart is awesome
Masquerade
Masquerade

Back to top Go down

Post  Mewsie Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:54 pm

Shadow, Smokey, Frodo and Catlition crept through the bushes on the side of the slave compound. The group had found Frodo in his hiding spot saying that orange cat had been there.
That’s when Ribbony made up a plan.
Now they stopped. Ribbony turned to the group and said,
“Now listen here you lot, this is what we’re gonna do; we’re gonna have a Jailbreak!”
“Yay!” meowled three little voices.
“Shhh! But we gotta be quiet about it, don’t want old orange cat to know we’re breakin’ outta here!” warned Ribbony gently.
“Oh yea, sorry mister Ribbony.” whispered Frodo.
“Sorry.” whispered Shadow and Smokey.
Ribbony smiled.
“Sal right kittos. Now come on; you babies must have a mama, now don’t you?”
“Oh yes sir, we got a mama, and there’s Missy too, we gotta get her out.” Smokey nodded vigorously.
“Ho, ho now, we’ve got our work cut out for us now don’t we boys?” said Ribbony to his Catlition.
“Seems so Ribbon. Now should we split up, do’ya think? Or stick together?” asked Creamy.
“Stick together I say.” Explorer chimed in.
“I think Ex is right, the Catlition that stays together lives longer!” put in Brightheart.
The kittens snickered.

“But iffin we split up, half of us can get Missy and half of us can get the kits mum.” Clancy stated boldly.
“Hmm, good points all round.” Said Ribbony ponderingly, “Iffin we go one way we risk ourselves more, but iffin we go the other way we have less time… Oh what to do what to do.”
“Mister Ribbony, I got a plan.” Said Shadow quietly, “The gate is unprotected exactly ten moments every three hours. In those ten moments, the guards change. Iffin we could get mama out one time and Miss Missy out the next, we’d not be missed.”
“Oh ho, this little one’s got herself a plan, eh? Listen boys, she’s a smart one!”
“Well, and mama is a maids ‘ervant so I go in an’ get her an’ bring her out, then we get her out durin’ the guard changin’ and then go get miss Missy. Then repeat the process with Missy.”
“But iffin we do that, we gotta wait three hours till the guards change again!” hissed Clancy.
Smokey stared at him and said,
“You got a better plan mister?”

Clancy huffed and sat down at the edge of the group sulkily.
“Then we do Shadow’s plan. Lemme see, the guards changed a while ago, let’s say two hours, that leaves us one hour to prepare.”
“So who’s staying Ribbon?” asked Brightheart nervously.
“Hmm… Well I’ll go the first round with the kits and their mama and… hmm… Brightheart, since you look like you’re darn terrified boy,” Brightheart blushed, “An’ then the rest of ye ‘ll stay and get Missy, eh?”
“But Missy won’t know whats going on! One of us needs to stay to tell her!” squeaked Shadow.
“No. I want to get you kits out quick as I can.” Said Ribbony decisively, “That’s final.”
“Then let us warn Missy, please Ribbony, I’ll see to it myself.” said Frodo boldly.
Ribbony sighed, “Alright Frodo boy, you go an’ warn Missy. but you be back here afore the hour’s up, right?”
“Yes sir!” said Frodo, happy he could be in charge of such an important mission.
“Bye, bye, Shadow and Smoke!” he said, and ran off.
“Nice boy he is.” Said Ribbony fondly, “Lot like myself when I was young…. Alright now let’s hop to Catlition!”
Mewsie
Mewsie

Back to top Go down

Post  Masquerade Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:47 am

I love how your cats talk, my writing books would always talk about how dialect is an important part of writing and you've certainly got it down Very Happy
Masquerade
Masquerade

Back to top Go down

Post  Mewsie Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:20 pm

Masquerade wrote:I love how your cats talk, my writing books would always talk about how dialect is an important part of writing and you've certainly got it down Very Happy

Thanks, we talk about that in school too. Some of my cats have very interesting dilalects, especially in my 2nd book- how the kittens talk. *wink*
Mewsie
Mewsie

Back to top Go down

Post  Masquerade Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:01 pm

Mewsie wrote:

Thanks, we talk about that in school too. Some of my cats have very interesting dilalects, especially in my 2nd book- how the kittens talk. *wink*

hmmmmm sounds great, that means you should post more Wink tongue
Masquerade
Masquerade

Back to top Go down

Post  Mewsie Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:08 pm

I think I shall.Very Happy

I wrote this part at camp and its a little random because I couldn't rememeber where I was in my story.tongue lol its....... well you'll see. Wink

Chapter eight
‘I’m not Lost!’

Midnight wandered through the forest. Behind him walked his loyal sister Flower. The two had followed Catlition for many days…. At first Catlition had been easy to follow, but when Ribbony and his gang (as they have been called) entered Wolf Woods they had become more elusive and harder to follow. Consequently Midnight and Flower had lost Catlition the second day into Wolf Woods. Now the two youngsters were hopelessly lost.
“Mid,” spoke up Flower, “I really, really think we’re lost.” She said for the umpteenth time.
“We aren’t lost!” Midnight spoke with a bravery he didn’t really feel, but he didn’t want to frighten his sister.
“Face it Mid, we’re lost and that’s all there is to it!”
“I’m not lost!”
“Toto we’re lost!” said Dorthy
“How do you know we are?” asked Toto
“Because we’re going in circles, I’ve seen this tree five times now!” she exclaimed
“Well ok, we just lost our direction, we aren’t really lost.”
“Denial.” stated Dorthy
“Am not!”
“Are too!”
“Not!”
“Are!”
“Fine you win, I’m not in denial though.” Said Toto a bit crossly.
“Denial.” Whispered Dorthy
“Ugh, ugh, ugh!” Toto hit his head on his paw.
Dorthy giggled.
Mewsie
Mewsie

Back to top Go down

Post  Masquerade Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:21 am

Very cute Very Happy tongue
Masquerade
Masquerade

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostariel Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:59 am

Any more coming? Wink
Nostariel
Nostariel

Back to top Go down

Post  Mewsie Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:58 am

Nostariel wrote:Any more coming? Wink

ah yes thank you for reminding me. heres some more:

Dorthy peered out of the brush. A spectacular but menacing sight awaited her… Cogg’s Fortress.
Not knowing she should be wary Dorthy sauntered up to the huge walled fortress.
“Lookit this! I could break in here with my eyes closed!” she said to Toto.
“Then let’s see you get out of it then, little cat.” hissed a voice from above.
“Dorthy look ou-” but Toto was too late. Four arrows attached to a net fell onto his sister. Dorthy thrashed about like a fish out of water trying to get loose. But it was in vain, for, the net was tightly secured.
A rat stalked down from the wall. Standing over the net he said,
“Well, well, what have we here?”
“You’re all cowards!” cried out Dorthy
The rat walked around the net.
“Who dares say any of Cogg’s army are cowards?” he hissed
“Yes, where did you hear that nonsense, baby cat!” laughed another of the rats.
Dorthy held her head high as she could under the net and said,
“My mama said any creatures who are mean to little ones are cowards!”
“Ha!” said the first rat, “Then your mother was an old coop!”
“I can’t believe you just called my mama an old crop!” cried Dorthy distastefully, “And anyway I bet you are all cowards.”
“I otta…” the rat raised his whip.
Toto could take no more.
“Cowards! Bullies! Leave her alone!” said Toto stepping forward.
Leave my sister, take me.” He hissed
“Ha, ha, two kits with one net!” hissed the rat.
“Leave her alone, you can take me instead.” The little cat said bravely.
“Ha, ha we’ll let her go… To the cells! Ha, ha, get movin’ you lazy furrballs!”
Dorthy was taken out of the net and tied kicking and screaming.
“We’ll get out you’ll see! Won’t we Toto?”
Toto said nothing aloud. He held his golden head high and hissed under his breath,
“We are always gonna be free, in a way no evil could ever understand.”
Mewsie
Mewsie

Back to top Go down

Post  Masquerade Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:20 am

Great stuff! I was away for a while and I missed this Wink tongue
Masquerade
Masquerade

Back to top Go down

Post  Mewsie Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:10 pm

“Midnight, for the last time we are lost!” howled Flower.
“Really Flower this time I found the trail!”
“You’ve said that ten times now Mid… We. Are. Lost!”
“I. am. Not. Lost!”
Clancy peered over the bush where he, Explorer and Creamy were hidden, waiting for Frodo to come back with Missy.
“Psst! Ex, they’re bringing some kits in! We gotta help!”
“Ribbony made his orders clear Clancy. We would be easy targets for those wall archers iffin we moved. Still, remember em kits, they may end up bein’ important latter.”
Explorer didn’t know just how true his words were.
Mewsie
Mewsie

Back to top Go down

Post  Mewsie Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:11 pm

Chapter nine
Much ado for escaping

Tori wasn’t an old cat. On the contrary she was quite young and beautiful. Tori had been only a small cat when she was captured by Cogg. Her home was far from here in peaceful woodlands. She had been a prisoner most of her life, but was determined her kits wouldn’t have to live a life of slavery as she had.
‘Someday I’ll get my babies free.’ She thought.
That day was coming sooner than she may have thought.

Tiny Shadow, aided by Brightheart, scampered down the passages. Despite her being much smaller than he Brightheart found himself having to trot to keep up with the frisky kitten.
“Stop!” hissed Shadow, when Brightheart had caught up he looked quizzically at the little cat. Shadow pointed a shaking paw at a large figure standing in the hallway.
Cogg the wolf king.
Cogg was larger than any creature Brightheart had ever seen. The wolf was large even for his own kind, let alone the other creatures.
“That ole boy ‘s bigger than Rib ‘n Ex put together!” hissed Brightheart.
“What’ll we do Bright?” asked a shaking Shadow.
“First we wait.” Said Brightheart wisely, the young cat knew that he couldn’t challenge something that big and live, let alone carry out the mission and keep Shadow safe.
So Shadow and Bright waited as Cogg talked with one of his officers. Strands of what they were saying carried in the room, so the two waiters could hear them clearly.
“Ye say you captured two young cats eh?” said Cogg
“Yes sir, found em sneakin round the wall, one of em said they could break in any ole time… Ha we taught them!” said a rat.
“Hmm, they locked up tight in the dungeons?”
“Yessir, they’re in there good’n tight.”
“Good.” hissed Cogg dangerously, “Go now rat and attend to you duties before I get tired of your rambling.” growled the wolf.
Stumbling away the rat made a hasty bow. In his rush to get out of the wolf’s presence the rat nearly ran into Brightheart and Shadow. Thankfully the two were saved by a pillar in front of them. Cogg watched as the rat hit the pillar then darted down a hallway. Laughing at the creature’s clumsiness the wolf stalked off to other things.
When the footsteps of the wolf had retreated into the hallway and could no longer be heard, Brightheart risked a look around.
“Shad girl I think he’s gone. Right c’mon hop to let’s find your mum.”
Shadow nodded silently.
The two creatures scurried down the passageway.
Mewsie
Mewsie

Back to top Go down

Post  Masquerade Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:05 pm

it's all so exciting Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Masquerade
Masquerade

Back to top Go down

Post  Mewsie Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:45 pm

Masquerade wrote:it's all so exciting Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

You ain't seen nothin' yet. tongue Smile

Frodo peered out of a bush. After the coast was clear the little cat darted forward.
Missy was going about her normal chores hoping the three kits were alright when she heard a small voice.
“Psst! Miss-y! It’s me Frodo!”
“Frodo, little one, where are you hiding?” hissed Missy quietly, “Are the other two with you?”

Frodo popped out of the undergrowth in front of Missy.
“Missy I come to bear a message, no wait that’s not right, Miss Missy I come with tidings from, no that’s not it either, oh what to say! Oh yeah I remember; ahem, Miss Missy I bear a message from Catlition of tidings of escape.” said the little cat importantly.
Missy stifled her laughter and remained composed and serious.
“And pray tell young messenger, who be Catlition?”
“Catlition! Ribbony’s Catlition of course, er, ma’m.”
“Ribbony! That young rascal! I watched him grow up I did; now he’s got himself a Catlition, whatever that is, and has forgotten old Missy I guess.”
Frodo shrugged, “Ribbony is gettin’ mama out an’ me an my sibblins and you ah too Missy! Ribbon’s got himself a plan and I’m a helpin by telling you!”
“Speak proper young one!” said Missy reprovingly, “So Ribbon’s got an escape plan and I’m going, eh? Right lead me to him!”
“Not so fast old one!” hissed a voice from above, “You’re not getting out, neither is that brat kitten, nor anyone!” Tigerclaw leapt down from a tree in front of them.
“Mister Ribbony an his Catlition ’ll take care o’ you, ya big meanie!” cried little Frodo.
“Frodo what’ve I told you about talking properly? Now look here you insolent excuse for a cat,” Missy’s words stung Tigerclaw like bee stings, “Get outta my way or I’ll yowl so loud this whole compound will come a running like so many angry ants! To the count of three; one, two, thr-” Frodo stopped Missy there and howled at the top of his tiny lungs,
“CATLITIOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

“What on the earth was that Ex?!?” exclaimed Clancy.
“Sounds like lil Frodo is in trouble, better go help!” hissed Explorer.
Sounds of the war-cries of Catlition could be heard echoing off the walls of Cogg’s fortress.
“CHARGEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!” “CATLITIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Mewsie
Mewsie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum